Monday, January 25, 2010

What's My Hurry?

Why do I want to swallow my food so fast? All of the taste and enjoyment of the food happens in my mouth. If I swallow quickly, then I just have to shove another bite of food into my mouth. Why do I do that?

During the last several weeks, I've been trying to slow it down. It makes so much difference. It really does two things for me. First, it lets me get full on much less food. Because I am eating slow, and chewing my food much more, it takes me a lot longer to eat. So, I am getting full with much less food.

Eating slowly does something else for me. It helps me with my fear that the food will be gone, and that I will be left hungry. If I eat slow, I can never finish all the food on my plate. It brings me a great deal of peace knowing that I have enough to eat, and not having to worry that there wont be enough. It also helps to put the left-overs away in the fridge, knowing that I can have them at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment