Monday, January 11, 2010

Don't Eat Until You're Full

There is a big difference between eating until you're not hungry, and eating until you're full. Wallace Wattles writes that perfect health is achieved by eating until your hunger begins to fade, or until you are not hungry. If you stop eating at that point, you will finish your meal feeling satisfied and content. You will also finish your meal having eating an appropriate amount of food. You should not eat until you are full. Paraphrasing Jerry Seinfeld, people just aren't supposed to eat all they can eat. Packing the food in, until you can't fit any more, is just not healthy.

I've been trying to apply these principles for the last week or so, and it's not as easy as it sounds. Honestly, I think I'm addicted to that over-stuffed feeling that comes from over-eating. I have been paying attention to my body while I've been eating. I get to the point of being full, and I deliberately choose to continue eating. I want to eat, even though I know I'm full. Why do I do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment