Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Acting in the Certain Way

In the first half of Wattle's Book, The Science of Being Well, Wattles talks about "thinking in the certain way."  He writes that this is the most important part of being perfectly well.  One needs to have faith in health, and truly believe that health is the natural state of people.  Sickness is only the result of faulty thinking.

The second half of the book discusses "acting in the certain way."  By this, he means eating, drinking, breathing and sleeping correctly.  He asserts that even if we are thinking correctly, if we are engaging in voluntary actions which are contrary to health, then our faith will not be strong enough for perfect health.

This makes perfect sense to me.  Wattles encourages the reader to profess faith in perfect health, and exercise my will to believe that I am perfectly well.  If I am doing that, and at the same time I am eating food and drinking drinks that I know are poison to my body, my faith and belief will not be sufficient to obtain perfect health.  I would be living in contradiction and confusion, not in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment